Hair loss, It’s a topic we often avoid in hopes of it never happening to us. For some, It’s a hereditary condition that appears as one ages while for others, It’s caused by environmental factors and lifestyle habits we’ve picked up throughout the years. It’s also quite common for women to experience hair loss after giving birth due to massive fluctuations in hormones.
Hair loss can be be a huge source of lowered self esteem in both men and women. Many have described feeling a sense of helplessness and self consciousness when faced with thinning hair.
So what are some bad habits that can lead to hair loss?
- Poor Diet: This almost goes without saying but our diet affect nearly everything in our body including our hair volume. A diet that lacks adequate amount of protein and/or Iron can lead to hair loss among men and women. Incorporating foods high in protein and iron such as nuts, seeds, fish, meat, lentils, and green veggies can help to mitigate the problem and reverse signs of hair loss.
- Vitamin deficiency: being deficient of certain vitamins and/or minerals can lead to premature hair loss. Besides the Iron mentioned earlier, Vitamin D is crucial for maintaining proper hair follicle cycles and Vitamin C helps with collagen and red blood cell production. It’s important to eat a well-balanced diet and begin to incorporate a multi-vitamin supplement as well.
- Excessive heat styling: Many of us are guilty of this (myself included) and oftentimes do not realize the amount of damage heat styling can have on our hair. It’s important to mindful of the levels of heat we are exposing our hair to because excessive heat leads to breakage which leads to hair loss.
- Brushing/combing hair when wet: It can be quite tempting to brush or comb our hair right out of the shower however, doing so can lead to breakage in our hair and even hair loss. This is because our hair is very weak and fragile in It’s wet state making it more prone to damage. If needed, use a wide toothed comb to gently comb damp hair or, simply wait until the hair is dry prior to combing.
- Sleep Deprivation: Many Americans do not get the required 7-9 hours of sleep per night. Unfortunately, lack of sleep has been shown to negatively impact the body’s immune system including hormonal secretion and mental/physical stamina. Since our hair is very reactive to changes within our bodies, not getting adequate rest can greatly impact the quality and quantity of our hair. Fortunately, trying to aim to go to bed earlier and turning off electronic devices at least 30 minutes before bed time can help you get more shut-eye.
- Stress (both physical and emotional): There are several studies which indicate that elevated levels of cortisol seen in monkeys with high stress, lead to hair loss. It’s important to find ways to reduce your stress such as practicing mindfulness and doing things that can help to amplify your mood.
So what can be done in the meantime?
*Note: This post is sponsored by Fibolica but all opinions are my own.
While working on reducing and in some cases, reversing hair loss using the tips mentioned above, It’s nice to know there are all-natural solutions that can help to temporarily cover up the problem. Fibolica is an all-natural hair-fiber product that works as it bonds to one’s own natural hair instantly adding density and volume!
The product comes in an easy-to-sprinkle container which evenly distributes the product through problem areas on the scalp. the hair fibers are so strong that they can even withstand rain, wind and sweat!
While the product strongly bonds to the hair, it does not stain the skin. I sprinkled some on my hand and then simply wiped off with a napkin. I had no leftover residue and didn’t even have to wash my hand afterwards.
Here are some key features of the product as highlighted from their website:
- See results right away. Instantly create a thick, natural looking head of hair.
- Simple and easy to use. Takes less than 60 seconds to apply.
- Completely safe. Made from 100% natural and organic plant fibers that bond very securely to your existing hair
- Flexible and convenient. Compatible with all hair growth treatments and surgical procedures
- Inexpensive. Extremely affordable compared to every other hair loss solution available.
- Completely undetectable. No one will ever know you are using it!
Fibolica is made with organic ingredients so It’s perfect for those who are concsiou about what they put on their skin (such as myself) Fibolica is made from Gossypium Herbaceum fiber, mineral-based colorants (natural iron oxide).
Here are some actual results from a quick sprinkle of the Fibolica. As you can see, it completely covers the bald spot on the back of the head(pictures are NOT touched up in anyway)
Although not a long term solution, Fibolica can help to restore one’s self esteem and provide a temporary solution to a very common and unwanted problem. Check them out here.