As a busy Mom who works full time, I am constantly looking for ways to help simplify my life. As many others, the most hectic time of our day happens to be in the morning when both my Husband and I are getting ready to go to work. we find ourselves scrambling to shower, primp ourselves, change, do our hair, and get our toddler ready and packed to go to Grandma’s. During the morning hustle, we often do not have the time to make ourselves breakfast or pack a lunch (unless done the night before).
I have talked about this topic several times in the past because based on my conversations with other parents, many of them struggle with the same thing. This is why I think It’s so important for this topic to be addressed! there are so many items that exist out there, that were specifically designed for busy parents to use in order to simplify their lives. I have highlighted the things I personally use and love that help my efficiency in the morning!
These are the top 5 things that help me simplify my mornings:
- Instant oatmeal. I enjoy oatmeal especially steel cut oats but the cooking time can take anywhere from 15-25 minutes to prepare and I just don’t have the time for that! I choose a reputable, organic brand that I know and trust. Overnight oats work just as good! here is a great recipe to try.
- Electric kettle. Boiling water has never been easier or quicker! we never need to use the stove to heat our water up anymore. Our electric kettle literally boils our water in less than 3 minutes. This is perfect for the instant oatmeal.
- Frozen fruit. I love love love fruit. The only problem is that the fruit I enjoy most, take forever to peel. To make this process simpler, I buy precut/prepackaged frozen fruit such as pineapples and mangoes, and pour them in tupperware to take to work. As they defrost, things can get messy but I tend to eat them half frozen. They taste so good and are packed with nutrients since they are typically frozen at their peak of freshness.
- All natural clothing crease releaser. This has been a lifesaver for me. Many of my tops and dresses get wrinkled very easily. Having a simple spray-on option to get rid of wrinkles is super helpful and convenient in the mornings and definitely not as time consuming as actually ironing. I do make sure to choose a brand that does not use harsh chemicals and has as minimal ingredients as possible.
- Instant coffee. Now I admit that I have not always been a fan of regular coffee. What I have noticed however is that if I have just a little in the morning, I have enough energy to make it through the first half of the day. Not to mention, with this pregnancy, I have had some killer headaches and having just a little bit of coffee a few times a week helps to keep them at bay. I recently discovered MAX Indulge by MAXWELL HOUSE. Coffee at my local Walmart and have been addicted since.
When I do drink coffee, I enjoy a sweet flavor so I was very excited that they have 2 very tasty flavor options available; I picked up the mocha + salted caramel package.
I was impressed by the price as well! for less than $4.00, I bought a tin which ultimately saved me many trips to my local coffee house. Since I don’t drink high quantities of coffee, this tin lasted me much longer than I had anticipated.
You can pick some up at your local WalMart and check out the mocha & salted caramel flavor by clicking here!
Although our mornings will always be hectic now, there will come a day when our little angel(s) will be all grown up and moved out. I prefer the craziness as it means that I still have a little while longer together like this<3.
What do YOU do that simplifies your morning routine?