These honey BBQ cauliflower “wings” are the Bomb.com (yes I just said that).
I’ve always thought of myself as a wanna-be vegan. Although I think the lifestyle has many wonderful health benefits, after trying it out for several months back in 2011, I quickly realized it wasn’t for me (more on that in a future post).
Recently, I was having one of those days where I was craving honey bbq chicken wings but wanted a vegan/vegetarian alternative instead. You see, although I don’t consider myself vegan or a vegetarian, I still like to limit my meat/animal product intake on a weekly basis by consuming vegan only products at least 2-3 days a week. I saw this recipe posted by a friend and quickly tweaked it to my liking based on the vegan-only ingredients I had on hand at the time.
My Husband, who can be highly critical when it comes to any food that is advertised as “healthy” or “vegan”, was in LOVE with this recipe and nearly finished all of them. Thankfully, I made enough for both of us this time. I wanted to go ahead and share it with you all since I think you will also enjoy it.
Before I get into the recipe, let me just express how much I used to dislike cauliflower growing up. It was just one of those vegetables that tasted horrible to me and I never knew how to eat it without gagging. Over the years, I have grown to like cauliflower especially its versatility when it comes to cooking. Although I am still not a huge fan of the taste, I’ve found that drenching it in sauce has made it palatable and dare I say, very delicious to me.
Despite all that though, I do have to admit that cauliflower is extremely good for you. It is a good source of B-Vitamins including omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin K. Cauliflower is also packed with antioxidants which comes from its vitamin C and manganese content.
So, without further adieu, I present to you the ultimate, rockin’ honey bbq cauliflower wings. The thing that I like the most about these is that they look like chicken and taste (nearly) like chicken. SO! try it out for yourself. Enjoy!
A fresh, light, Italian-inspired pasta recipe perfect for a late summer dinner.
Feel free to swap out the ingredients with the the alternatives I’ve mentioned if you’re interested.
What youll need
– 1 head of broccoli (cut into florets)
– 3/4 cup oat flour (or regular flour)
– 1/2 cup of bread crumbs (panko work great)
– 1 cup almond milk (or 2 beaten eggs)
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce of your choice
– 1 tbs of honey
– 1 tbs of liquid smoke (to enhance flavor, optional)
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt
2. Arrange flour, almond milk, and breadcrumbs in individual bowls
3. Dip cauliflower in the flour, then milk, and finally breadcrumbs
4. Place on baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes making sure to turn them over once during baking
5. Combine all the ingredients for the sauce
6. Once cauliflower is cooked thoroughly, allow it to cool for about 5 minutes
7. Combine the cauliflower with the sauce
You can serve these with a vegan ranch dipping sauce Here’s a good one.
If you tried this recipe and loved it, hit like, subscribe, and share! thanks for stopping by!
These are the best cauliflower wings you’ll have today. Bold statement yes, but…